Summary of Role
At Parallel Path, we help ambitious health, wellness, and lifestyle brands grow faster through the power of digital marketing.
With 15 years of history, we are a nimble and growing agency located in beautiful Boulder, CO, and are seeking a highly experienced Paid Search professional to join our team as the Director of Paid Search. This position will lead the paid search strategy, implementation, execution, optimizations, analysis, and oversight for all paid search clients. We want someone to join our team who is passionate about digital marketing and has the experience, ambition, and analytical skills to make an impact and accelerate the growth of the business.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a hybrid between being “hands-on” and managing search campaigns within Google Ads/Bing, and having a strong executive presence, with experience and a high level of comfort with presenting search strategy to C-suite executives. We’re looking for someone to come in and take on the management of existing paid search clients & processes, who is also excited to implement their own vision for how to best service paid search accounts and evolve, refine, and grow this practice within the agency over time.
The Director can quickly understand, manage, and support initiatives that will contribute to the goals and success of Parallel Path’s clients.
This role will be a great fit if: you are passionate about helping brands within the health, wellness, and lifestyle sector grow their businesses; you’re able to think big, but act small and be nimble; you enjoy driving strategy and seeing your ideas impact meaningful business results; you’re capable of being a self-starter and excited to act as the agency’s go-to expert for all things related to paid search.
- Strategic Vision: Serve as the company PPC subject matter expert; Translate brand objectives into paid search strategies aligned to KPIs; Develop learning agendas and drive innovation; Provide POVs; Have a strong vision and experience-backed recommendations for how to best run and manage client search campaigns
- Media Planning, Implementation, Management: Generate media plans and proposals; Recommend budgets and ensure adherence; Campaign and ad group organization/account structure, account builds; keyword strategies and development, Ad copy creation; Day to day campaign management and execution (i.e. administrative tasks, bidding strategies, CPL/CPA optimization strategies, conversion analysis and optimization, budget caps, impression share, negative keyword mining, quality score, reporting, KPI management, etc), A/B testing
- Reporting & Insights: Provide oversight, manage, and be able to generate weekly and monthly internal & client-facing reporting with thoughtful insights for all major metrics; Goals tracking; Revenue tracking, and other paid search initiatives; Upskill teams by providing a thorough analysis of search landscape and performance; Leverage insights to influence and adjust strategy as needed
- Leadership: Lead the SEM practice at Parallel Path and mentor junior team members on paid search best practices. Oversee day to day strategic execution; Responsible for ensuring that paid search KPIs meet or exceed benchmarks and goals (CPC, ROAS, CTR, CPA/CPL, etc); Assess & establish team processes and structure
- Industry & Innovation: Drive innovative roadmap and “test & learn” strategies for Parallel Path and our clients; Alphas & Betas; Keep pace with search engine and PPC industry trends and developments
- New Business Development: Aid agency leadership team in identifying opportunities for new business engagements; Conduct audits and participate in new business pitches to showcase relevant areas of opportunity within the paid search space; onboarding all new paid search accounts (account/campaign set up, ad group structuring, etc.)
- Passion: For everything Search and digital marketing
- Problem Solver: Outstanding ability to think creatively, and identify and resolve problems efficiently
- Detail-Oriented: Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong Communicator: Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points
- Autonomous: High levels of integrity, autonomy, proactivity
- Flexibility: Ability to work across multiple brands and foster team collaboration
- Efficient: Excellent analytical, organizational, project management, and time management skills
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience as a Paid Search Manager or similar role, agency experience is preferred, but willing to consider candidates who have experience managing multiple accounts across different verticals
- Proven track record driving paid search strategies and maximizing search KPIs
- Experience working hands-on with popular PPC ad platforms (Google Ads/Bing Ads), with expert-level proficiency in keyword planning, account setup, bidding strategies, and all other facets of successfully managing complex paid search accounts
- In-depth experience with bid management tools
- Experience with website analytics tools (e.g, Google Analytics)
- Experience with paid search analytics and research tools (e.g, Google Search Console, Google Merchant Center, Google Ads, SearchAds 360, keyword planner, SEMRush)
- Strong analytical skills and experience generating SEM reports
- Well-versed in performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition strategies
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in search engine marketing
- Strong testing acumen & experience
- Healthcare, Wellness, Lifestyle industry experience a plus
- Strong experience in lead generation and e-commerce objectives
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual/gender orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
Our company offers great benefits; including unlimited PTO, competitive salary commensurate with experience, summer Fridays, health/vision/dental insurance, 401K, flexibility to WFH as necessary, maternity/paternity leave, and more!
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected].