Parallel Path, a Boulder, CO based digital marketing agency founded in 2005 is hiring a Senior Earned Media/Search Engine Optimization Specialist . The chosen candidate will be integral to the continued success of Parallel Path and that of our client partners. This position requires real-world agency SEO experience as well as impeccable strategic planning and communications skills. You will be tasked with driving growth and retention of our mid-market account portfolio through excellence in SEO strategy, planning, execution, and analysis.. You should be comfortable communicating both verbally and through written communication both internally and externally. The Senior SEO will help Parallel Path to continue its strong reputation of goal driven SEO success and furthering our vision of “Partnership for Client Success”; are you ready?
Parallel Path positions itself as a leader in integrated traffic acquisition strategies that leverage content across multiple platforms to deliver against the goals of its client partners. As the digital landscape continues to grow/change we seek to be at the forefront of strategic thinking and tactical execution to drive “real” results through the optimization of earned media platforms, including search, to drive performance.
Often viewed as a tactical game of one-off optimizations where focus is put on the hot new technique for increasing rank, Parallel Path believes organic growth is a strategic game weaved through an overall marketing strategy and intentionally executed to meet the goals of the organization. With this in mind, Parallel Path is seeking professionals who align with our vision and have the knowledge and experience with both Earned Media/SEO and the broader digital toolset to lead the revolution.
Leveraging our optimization framework (Accessibility, Reach, Relevance) we’re able to design strategies that integrate, follow a roadmap, leverage existing client resources, and deliver predictable outcomes for both short and long term success.
Earned Media/SEO is a marketing philosophy built on thought leadership and engagement through the development and distribution of content and managed in concert with other marketing programs.
This position plays a critical role in extending our vision of becoming a world class boutique digital agency and the continued evolution of our earned media channel delivery. In addition to relevant technical experience and proven/demonstrable results, the ability to understand and communicate in business terms is critical to this role. This position requires a depth of experience and understanding (technical, operational, strategic) of how mid-market/enterprise organizations can/do utilize search and other marketing platforms to extend their reach and engage participants with their message. You will possess creativity, problem solving skills, and a keen awareness to market factors and the user journey leveraging these inherent skills to design and deploy successful organic strategies. Join the revolution!
• Producer – 100-120 hours per month working with internal teams to meet the goals as defined and agreed upon with client partner
• Builder – Developing Earned Media/SEO strategies that cross channels, platforms, and utilize content to drive awareness, leads, revenue, and retention
• Innovator – Leader of Earned Media/SEO and agency innovation and ideation
• Manager – Ability to manage, coach, and organize team members
• Leader – Inspire, provide big picture vision
• Own Earned Media/SEO strategy on behalf of our client partners to drive against specific goals
• Develop strategy in conjunction with cross functional channel teams
• Work alongside CSO and VP of Digital to optimize and evolve Earned Media delivery process
• Plan, execute, and manage content strategies by working alongside and directing content writers Train/Educate new/existing Digital marketing team members as it relates to Earned Media/SEO
• Serve as channel thought leader, identify needs and guide them in defining solutions
stay current with industry trends and share findings internally/externally
• Participate in daily internal POD meetings
• Weekly and Monthly Reporting on behalf of client partners
• Work closely with internal project manager to ensure execution of strategy
• Assist with refinement of processes as needed
• Seek opportunities to grow client business through the development and growth of strategic initiatives
• Primary focus is on growth and retention of clients through goal achievement
• Advanced strategic planning and consulting competencies
• Proven track record
• Professional development
• Display Parallel Path values and personality of agency
Opportunities for Growth
• With experience, demonstrated excellence and desire and displayed interest to work in senior level positions, has the opportunity to become Group Lead, Senior Lead, Director of Earned Media.
• Management of Earned Media/and Associate Strategic Consultants
You Must Have:
• 5-7 years experience with Earned Media/SEO strategy, execution, optimization and reporting
• 3+ years working with Web Analytics & Tracking, Paid Search, Remarketing, Display Advertising, Web Usability, Paid Social, & Content Marketing (Organic Social is a bonus)
• 4+ years of digital agency experience or 8+ years client side
• Website Re Platforming experience
• Knowledge and experience with leading CMS systems such as: WordPress, Umbraco, Drupal, Joomla, etc…
• Demonstrable success through the above channel experience
• Agency experience or ability to communicate and demonstrate why you’re the right candidate
• Success with earned link building strategy development and execution
• Exceptional writing, communication and organization skills (send examples)
• Rapid comprehension and retention skills
• Superb client and account management skills (bring references from previous clients)
• Presentation and report writing skills (bring samples to interview)
• Strong strategic thinking skills with proven track record of success
• Sound judgment and interpersonal skills
• General knowledge of business/finance
You Must Be:
• A productive and constructive team player
• Committed to responsiveness and great service
• Dedicated to growing your career and have a passion for digital marketing
• Committed to contributing to the success of the team and organization
• An active listener and learner
• Well-spoken and articulate
• A strong problem solver
• Accountable with a self-motivated work style and ability to manage multiple projects and deliver on time
If you feel you meet or exceed the above criteria and are looking to continue your professional development at a fast paced and exciting company, email [email protected] with your cover letter and resume. Local candidates preferred. Relocation considered.
Why Parallel Path?
Employees enjoy: Working with seasoned industry experts, awesome work environment, competitive compensation, health coverage, 401(k), 3 weeks paid vacation, catered lunches, stocked kitchen, healthy living benefit, cell phone subsidy, MacBook laptop, ongoing training, career advancement & more! We like to bike, ski/ride, climb, hike, skate, and have fun. Come work – and play! at Parallel Path.
About Parallel Path:
Parallel Path is a data-driven digital marketing and consulting firm located in the heart of Boulder, Colo. Parallel Path offers a suite of services and custom programs to creatively and analytically help enterprise technology and retail organizations drive online brand outreach through digital customer touch points. Point solutions include strategy development, SEO Consulting, paid search management, display planning/management, web analytics, 360° Degree Tracking, content development, performance social and more. For additional information, please visit www.parallelpath.com or follow us on Twitter @ParallelPath.