Summary of Role
At Parallel Path, we help ambitious health, wellness, and lifestyle brands grow faster through the power of digital marketing. With 16 years of history, we are a nimble and growing agency located in beautiful Boulder, CO, and are seeking a Senior Paid Search Strategist to join our team.
The Senior Paid Search Strategist will manage client paid search campaigns and oversee other paid media specialists. This person will collaborate with our strategic consultants, performance media and earned/owned media teams as well as other team experts and media vendors from Google and Microsoft to plan, execute and optimize large-scale SEM programs. This person will also be responsible for working with other team members on synergistic organic search opportunities, user experience optimization and analytics.
The Senior Paid Search Strategist will collaborate across delivery and client teams, performing the below responsibilities.
- Strategic Support: Assist clients and strategic consultants in determining the role of PPC in achieving client objectives and is a key contributor in strategic client planning sessions. Designs strategies and tactics for PPC channels. Collaborate with other members of the paid media team to develop full-funnel multi-channel digital marketing plans
- Planning, Execution & Optimization: Research keywords. Create and manage paid search campaigns for clients across multiple search engines. Manage data feeds to dynamically effect product-related keywords based on availability. Create, manage and optimize Shopping Ads (PLA’s). Write and test ad copy to ensure copy is driving the highest CTR and conversion rate. Run A/B split tests for landing pages, products and ad copy. Build and optimize campaigns on Google Display Network and YouTube. Monitor and adjust spend in real-time, 24/7 keyword auction to stay within budget. Optimize bids, ad copy and landing pages to drive consistent improvement against multiple Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): CTR, CPC, ROAS, ROI, CPL CPA
- Reporting: Able to pull data, create reports (in XLS, G Sheet and G Slides) and present updates to clients and internal team members, including both historical performance as well as planned optimizations
- Analysis/Insights: Own the outcome. The person should be comfortable answering questions about the data pulled and provide analysis as to what the numbers mean with the goal of driving fundamental improvements that result in conversion rate increases
- Industry Knowledge: Build understanding of the industry through continuous research on trends. Have a solid understanding of industry tools, their functionality, and strategies for successful use. Test new tools/offerings and be prepared to share your knowledge with internal team members with the goal to improve the agency’s overall SEM service delivery
- New Business: Able to assist with new business development via completion of SEM, audits, provision of recommendation for improvement and creation of presentation materials
- Exhibits strong analytical, storytelling and communication skills
- Comfortable presenting work in an understandable way to both client executives and day-to-day marketing professionals
- 6+ years of experience managing pay-per-click (PPC) search engine marketing
- Expert Excel skills
- Experience with GoogleAds and MicrosoftAds. GoogleAds search and shopping certificates required
- Experience with bid automation tools (Kenshoo, Marin, SA360) a plus
- Knowledge of 3rd party ad servers and programmatic media buying a plus
- Proficient with Google Analytics
- Prior experience in a digital agency with a specific focus on performance marketing
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Computer Science, Data Science or related field
- Passion: For all things digital marketing and alignment with Parallel Path’s vision; A strong appetite to continue growing in your career; Dependable, loyal and enthusiastic
- Problem Solver: Outstanding ability to think creatively, and identify and resolve problems efficiently
- Detail-Oriented: Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent Communicator: Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts, both verbally and in written form
- Work Style: Ability to work as an integral part of a team and take constructive direction, while also being able to work independently
- Flexibility: Working across multiple brands and internal stakeholders
- Efficient: Excellent organizational, project management and time management skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual/gender orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Why Parallel Path?
Employees enjoy: Working with seasoned industry experts, awesome work environment, competitive compensation, health coverage, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation, healthy living benefit, cell phone subsidy, company service days, ongoing professional development, career advancement, ½ day Fridays (Memorial Day to Labor Day) & more! We like to bike, ski/ride, climb, hike, skate, and have fun. Come work – and play! at Parallel Path.
About Parallel Path
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in beautiful Boulder, CO, Parallel Path is a privately held, integrated digital marketing agency that helps ambitious health, wellness and lifestyle brands grow faster through the power of digital-first marketing. Recently named as one of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work in the U.S. For additional information, please visit www.parallelpath.com.