Summary of Role
The Managing Director of Performance Media (MDPM) is responsible for the overall health and excellence of the Performance Media department. They help support the evolution of and direct the working protocols of the Performance Media Team including delivery, tools, personnel, and processes to ensure the successful delivery of our Performance Media services. This person actively supports opportunities to drive efficiencies for the organization while, at the same time, maintaining high-quality outcomes on a consistent basis. The MDPM is in tune with customer needs, competitive dynamics, and other industry forces to inform and ensure the highest level of performance possible on behalf of our clients.
This person is a strong marketer, analyst, technician, and technologist. He/she is a strong communicator who can affect change adeptly and advance their group as it evolves. They are a thought leader in their own right, being at the forefront of current and anticipated industry trends while working alongside other service directors to fine-tune the operating rhythm of the agency to meet the future. In addition to day-to-day responsibilities, the MDPM is a member of the Digital Excellence team made up of other service delivery line directors and ensures excellence in delivery, growth, and efficiency.
- Participates in the development of and supports the Performance Media strategic plans.
- Leads the implementation of “The Parallel Path Way” within the Performance Media Team which is our unique combination of methods, tools, technology, and people to create a successful and differentiated delivery model for the agency. This includes onboarding, training, and guiding associates in their day-to-day work.
- Consistently researches platforms, tools, and technologies that may positively impact the operations of the performance media team and presents them to the COO for further review.
- Evaluates each of our performance media service offerings to support the agency’s positioning and unmet client needs. Makes recommendations, supports process creation, implementation, and training at the direction of the COO.
- Evaluates and manages delivery partnerships that support our operations and integrates those partners into our methodologies for seamless execution.
- Guides and supports professional development programs to allow performance media team members to grow and evolve in their current and future roles.
- Maintains scorecard of performance for areas of responsibility to ensure we are meeting objectives and delivering consistently high-quality outcomes to our clients and other stakeholders.
- Partners with other managing team directors to support existing and prospective client relationships and performance efforts.
- Supports the process of successfully onboarding new performance media clients consistent with our standards.
- Actively pursues service areas of opportunities for client growth within Performance Media.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Operations or related discipline.
- Seven years or greater of successful performance media execution in an agency environment.
- Experience in successfully scaling client campaigns across performance media channels.
- Expert proficiency in digital performance media channels.
- Able to constructively handle adversity, stress, and feedback.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated expertise in managing and developing multi-disciplinary teams and working in collaborative environments.
- Analytically driven with strong interest in solving complex issues with automation and technology.
- Interest in and exposure to artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies.
- Highly organized, process-oriented and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- History of being a positive cultural contributor.