Summary of Role
At Parallel Path, we help ambitious health, wellness, and lifestyle brands grow faster through the power of digital marketing. With 16 years of history, we are a nimble and growing agency located in beautiful Boulder, CO, and are seeking a Director, Analytics to join our team
The Director, Analytics will collaborate with internal strategic consultants, performance media and earned/owned media teams as well as other team experts to provide strategic insights and recommendations, thoughtfully grounded in data and performance. The Director will set the vision, strategy, and roadmap to deliver cutting-edge data and analytics solutions across a portfolio of clients. The Director will be responsible for creating service offering frameworks, team structure, tools/technologies and go-to-market philosophy to successfully support health, wellness and lifestyle marketers and brands. The Director will also be responsible for identifying multi-faceted strategic analysis approaches (A/B testing, 3rd party measurement vendors, etc.) to support our clients’ learning agenda and goals. This person will consult closely with junior analytic team members who will primarily be responsible for the implementation of tags, conversions and events as well as the set-up and management of client reporting, all with the goal of helping connect AdTech and MarTech to better understand journeys and outcomes.
The Director, Analytics will collaborate across delivery and client teams, performing the below responsibilities.
- Player/Coach Mentality: Able to perform responsibilities outlined below as well as passionately lead, coach and mentor analytics team members. Role will have an approximate split of 65% client-focused work/direction and 35% internal-focused work as a leader, coach and mentor
- Thought Leadership & Vision: Actively creates thought leadership articles and/or presentations to present to clients/prospects and internal team members as well as for publishing across Parallel Path’s digital footprint. Proactively shares trend reports and industry opportunities
- Primary KPIs: YOY departmental growth across team members, client NPS feedback, departmental revenue and YOY increase of analytic service offering across clients
- Strategic Leadership: Develops strategic relationships with clients by providing support to solve broad strategic marketing problems Able to design measurement plans to address business questions, goals and KPIs. Capable of recommending client data and analytics solutions. Leads effort to create/modify analytics team vision for Parallel Path and create subsequent action plan. Participates in strategic client planning meetings, listening for opportunities to both expand and contribute to their evolving marketing analytics needs. Collaborates with other department leads to provide industry insight, deep dive client reviews, and align on agency priorities. Becomes a trusted advisor to clients, consults on growth opportunities and identifies new ways to use data to solve business challenges
- Agency Reporting Platform Ownership: Lead the effort to replace the current analytics reporting platform. Provide strategic rationale and requirements for a new reporting platform that aligns with the agency’s vision for analytics, as well as our client and internal team needs. In partnership with VP Operations, create RFP for analytics platform and research a short list of platforms for consideration. Lead effort to review RFP responses and provide business recommendation and rationale to leadership on selected platform. Lead effort to implement and train associates on new platform
- New Business: Able to help pitch/win new business, audit current performance, provide recommendations and create presentation materials
- Standard Operating Procedures/Best Practices: Define and document SOP’s for the analytics department to drive consistent performance and high quality outcomes at all times
- Reporting: Able to pull data metrics to help media team compile client-facing reports and analysis
- Analysis/Insights: Own the outcome – Director should be comfortable answering questions about the data pulled and provide analysis as to what the numbers mean with the goal of driving fundamental improvements to the site experiences that result in conversion rate increases
- Website Tagging: Assist with coordinating a tagging strategy for new and existing campaigns. Create, edit and manage website tags through Google Tag Manager to assist with capturing first-party data
- Conversion Tagging: Collaborate with the media team to ensure the current conversion tracking aligns with media and client goals. Test and implement new goals across platforms. Ability to create custom variables and events as needed
- Industry Knowledge: Build understanding of the industry through continuous research on trends. Have a solid understanding of each analytics tool, its functionality, and strategies for successful use. Share your knowledge with internal team members to improve the agency’s overall service delivery
- Experience with marketing mix modeling from to ensure data delivery is accurate and results of the model are translated and understood across the team
- Experience working with business outcomes to provide optimization recommendations that go beyond front-end media metrics: Incrementality Testing, Media Mix Models, Multi-Touch Attribution, Sales/ Brand Lift Studies, etc.
- Experience working with programmatic data and ad serving platforms.
- In-depth knowledge of integrated marketing and CRM disciplines (including primary research, online advertising, customer segmentation, targeting, direct marketing, customer care).
- Knowledge of a variety of analytic and data visualization tools (Power BI, Datorama, etc)
- Knowledge of data process from media exposure to tracking on site activities and tagging within the media environment
- Comprehensive understanding of metrics: Media (e.g. impression, GRP, CPV etc.), Measurement analytics, Quantitative business measures (LTV, ROI, Effectiveness, etc.), Statistics (Correlations, sample sizing, significance testing, etc.).
- Knowledge and utilization of visual techniques to aid in data storytelling
- Has solid command of the media landscape, major players, partner core competencies and research/technology
- Exhibits strong analytical, storytelling and communication skills
- An advanced understanding of:
- Website tracking via Google Analytics and Google Analytics 4
- Google Tag Manager, for websites and channel conversions
- Performance media platforms: Google Ads, Microsoft Ads, Facebook Ads, DSP’s etc.
- Prevailing data aggregation and visualization technologies
- Ability to configure goals, utilize advanced segments and customize GA or GA4 code
- Ability to assist junior team members in the creation of event tracking and custom variables
- Analytically minded, interested in dissecting and understanding the story behind the numbers
- Motivated and able to work in a self-directed manner
- Comfortable presenting work in an understandable way to both client executives and day-to-day analytics professionals
- Experience leading and managing a team
- 2+ years experience as a coach and mentor to junior analysts
- 5+ years experience in measurement of paid media, campaign performance and measurement
- 5+ years experience with Google Analytics
- Prior experience in a digital agency with a specific focus on performance marketing
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Computer Science, Data Science or related field
- Passion: For all things digital marketing and alignment with Parallel Path’s vision; A strong appetite to continue growing in your career; Dependable, loyal and enthusiastic
- Problem Solver: Outstanding ability to think creatively, and identify and resolve problems efficiently
- Detail-Oriented: Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent Communicator: Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts, both verbally and in written form
- Work Style: Ability to work as an integral part of a team and take constructive direction, while also being able to work independently
- Flexibility: Working across multiple brands and internal stakeholders
- Efficient: Excellent organizational, project management and time management skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual/gender orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Why Parallel Path?
Employees enjoy: Working with seasoned industry experts, awesome work environment, competitive compensation, health coverage, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation, healthy living benefit, cell phone subsidy, company service days, ongoing professional development, career advancement, ½ day Fridays (Memorial Day to Labor Day) & more! We like to bike, ski/ride, climb, hike, skate, and have fun. Come work – and play! at Parallel Path.
About Parallel Path
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in beautiful Boulder, CO, Parallel Path is a privately held, integrated digital marketing agency that helps ambitious health, wellness and lifestyle brands grow faster through the power of digital-first marketing. Recently named as one of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work in the U.S. For additional information, please visit www.parallelpath.com.